Alright. Today is a quiz about the Milky Way. You ready?
- What is at the center of our Milky Way Galaxy?
- A planet
- A sun
- A black hole
- About how many stars are in our galaxy?
- 3 million
- 50 million
- 200 billion
- 200 million
- 2 billion
- True or False: We have actual photos of the Milky Way galaxy from above.
- True or False: You can see a halo around our galaxy.
- The true shape of the Milky Way galaxy is:
- A circle
- An oval
- A figure 8
- A rectangle
- The shape of our galaxy is due to:
- The velocity of the movement of its stars
- The fact that we have two dwarf galaxies connecting to ours.
- The gravitational pull of other galaxies nearby.
To read more about the Milky Way, check out this article where I got all my questions from! For a shortcut to the answers, see the bottom of this post.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it!
This post is part of a series called the A to Z Blogging Challenge, taking place during the month of April 2016. Each day is a new letter throughout the month. My theme this month is NATURE. To view other bloggers writing about this alphabet, check out the list here.
If you are enjoying the A – Z Challenge and want more blogging connection in your daily life, considering joining our Inspired Blogging Group on Facebook!
The list so far…
A is for Aspen
B is for Breath, B is for Butterfly
C is for Consciousness
D is for Deep Space
E is for Earth
F is for Fire
G is for Garden Gnomes
H is for Heaven
I is for Inequality
J is for Jade
K is for Kissing
L is for Light
Answers: 1.C 2. C 3. B 4. B 5. B & C are both true. From the side, it looks like a figure 8. You’d better not have said rectangle. 6. B