According to Arwen over at www.TarotbyArwen.com and her Tarotscopes, us Leos are supposed to have some fun this week. So I thought that I would take a break from my usual scheduled programming and share with you some MUSIC!
For my birthday last year, my husband got me a car stereo that has a little USB slot so that I can plug in my iPhone and listen to Pandora in the car. I can even Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down songs I love. Thankfully, Tatia (my daughter) and I have very similar taste in music so we are always listening and rating songs.
Lately, I have been paying attention to the words of the songs. I have been making a list for you over the last few weeks/months to share with you. It is a bit more challenging to listen to specific songs in Pandora, so I switched over to Spotify to make you a playlist that you can check out if you want to. I love Pandora for my car, but I love Spotify even more for exploring music on my computer because Spotify lets me listen to the whole song on the app on my computer and make playlists from it that I can share with YOU! (Spotify is a free download here.)
So, without further adieu, here is my playlist and why each song is on my list…
Amy’s Feel Good Songs on Spotify (click on this link to see & play songs on my playlist…)
NOTE: Click on the hyperlink above and let the songs play in the background on a different tab as you read this post. I put them in the same order down here as they appear in the playlist so you can listen along and read my descriptions – a multimedia experience!
If you don’t like a song, just hop over and double click on the next one…
- All the Roots Grow Deeper When It’s Dry / David Wilcox – I wore out this album back in the day. I was in college when I was wearing out this album and this song was one of my favorites. I just love David Wilcox. He is so lovely and deep and soulful. This song is about appreciating that we need to dig deep sometimes when life gets hard.
- Be OK / Ingrid Michaelson – What a happy song! Oh my, I just love Ingrid Michaelson. She has such a lovely voice and this song just makes me feel so good. Everything will be OK!
- Better / Regina Spektor – OK, I must admit that the lilting way she sings is a big part of my choice for this one, but still. My husband is a bit of a gamer, so when he is sick I am sure to give him “hit point kisses” so that he can heal faster. That is this song!
- Block Dog / David Wilcox – Are you in love with David Wilcox yet? This one you just have to listen to. It’s such a great little story of the beauty of commitment. (Same album I wore out in #1.)
- Everything’s OK / Lenka – Oh my. Lenka comes on and Tatia and I just start to wiggle. We just love her. What a voice! Did you make it all the way through this song without dancing in your seat? Or better yet, getting up and doing a full out dance set?
- Hey Soul Sister / Train – As I started listening to songs, I almost bypassed this one. I have heard it SO MANY TIMES, but I had never really listened to it, you know? So when I was listening to them, it became an instant new favorite. That fresh new love. Sweet!
- Home / Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros – Are we in the Old West here? I just love this song. I feel like I am on a horse, riding through a field. Plus it’s just a sweet song. I watched a talk once and the guy speaking played this song to demonstrate how he felt after being on a long trip. I thought, yeah… Fabulous. (This song is dedicated to Arwen & Chase!)
- I Do / Colbie Caillat – This has to be the #1 wedding song of all time. So danceable, so fun, such great love. (This song is dedicated to my sweet hubby for Valentine’s Day!)
- I Will Follow You Into the Dark / Death Cab for Cutie – This song made me take a closer look at Death Cab for Cutie. I love the words to this song.
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) / The Proclaimers – Another great love song. Was it Benny & Joon? I know I first heard this song a million years ago and loved it. Don’t we all want someone who would do that? Not really do it, but do it – y’know?
That is enough for today. There are more songs in my playlist, but I will write more about those in a separate post!
What about you? Do you have any favorite songs that have great words that I might like? Share them with me on Spotify! You can include me in a tweet (@amyputkonen) or just share them with me.. I am Amy Putkonen on Spotify!