Niki at The Richness of a Simple Life has issued a Kindness Challenge for anyone who is interested. This is week 1 of the challenge and I had a bit of a haphazard start, admittedly. The first two days went great. The first day, I put little notes in my husband and daughter’s computer screens to say I love them.
Then the second day, I treated myself to some “me time”. After that, it slipped my mind. But, in honor of being kind to myself, I am going to take a moment here to reflect on all the ways that I have been kind this week with or without the prompts provided by this challenge:
- I posted several cute kitty videos on my FB feed. They might not seem like much, but they brighten my day so I wanted to share them with others.
- I made my daughter mini cheesecakes for her birthday. I also helped her host a sleepover.
- I made several new dishes for dinners this week. I even cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. One particular dish was very well-liked.
- I cleaned up our patio area and made it pretty again. For me, mostly, but also for anyone who walks by.
- I commented on several people’s blogs throughout the week.
- I cleaned up stuff around our yard.
- I cleaned the tub, which is a gross job that no one likes to do. I didn’t tell anyone I did it. (Except you guys.)
- I reached out to a friend I haven’t seen for a while and made plans to connect.
- I hired a guy to help me with my Spanish. It feels good to be helping him while he is helping me! Win-win!
Here’s my kitty video for you…
Well, that’s my list for the week. What did you do this week that was kind? Tell us in the comments! I bet if you think about it, you can come up with a lot! If you want some inspiration, check out this week’s Kindness Challenge participants at The Richness of a Simple Life!